The leading international manufacturer of cleanroom particle detectors
Particle Measuring Systems
Particle Measuring Systems, a subsidiary of Spectris, designs and manufactures the world's finest micro-particle detection equipment - particle counters.
Their large variety of equipment are used in the "white rooms" of semiconductor manufacturing, pharmaceutical production and anywhere ultra-clean environments must be maintained.
Extensive and complex, this site is actually an internet/extranet since there are sections that are only accessable internal to the company and their customers.
These sections are highly secure because they are built with Zope.
Here are some of the features:
- Highly detailed product listing pages
- Hundreds of megabytes of downloadable files
- Password protected support sections for prime customers and vendors
- Translations into Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Numerous data-gathering forms, some with complex pop-up windows capable of taking user information then passing on to downloadable files
- Real-time search engine that updates itself as soon as a page is changed, added or deleted
- Data recorders built into the site's backend to log search terms, file download requests and online surveys
- Large world-wide distributor listing with an email form for each country's office
- Several backend maintenance interfaces, Content Management Systems (CMS), to allow different offices to change their area of the site themselves.